WP Optimize plugin is capable of clearing databases, compressing images and creating caches for websites.
The created cache, according to its creators, is one of the fastest systems among plugins of its kind. This popular and very simple plugin has effective tools for speeding up and optimizing your site.
Optimizations that can be done by this plugin are done in three ways:
- Database Cleanup and Optimization
- Ability to compress images
- Ability to cache pages to increase their loading speed
Many tests have shown that this plugin cache system works very well. If this feature is used in conjunction with the other two features of this plugin, a dramatic difference will be achieved in the result.
1. Database cleaning
The WordPress database is where your website information is stored. WP Optimize erases all extra data and even recovers lost data.
This section of the plugin can be as simple as:
- Delete all extra data (such as deleted posts, spam comments, old data) plus other expired items.
- Compress and organize MySQL tables with a single click.
- Provide optimization details.
- Run automatically and weekly.
- Manage optimizations without the need for manual action.
- Backup automatically using the UpdraftPlus plugin before clearing.
- Display clearance statistics and free space.
Why are these actions important?
- MySQL tables are filled with unnecessary data over time. Optimizing and clearing these tables will help your site run at maximum speed.
- Each time a post or page is updated in WordPress, a new modified version of it is created. For example, if you update a tab six times, five modified versions will be created and saved. This type of function creates a large amount of unnecessary data and slows down the loading of the page next time.
- After a while, you will surely notice hundreds or maybe thousands of spam comments on the website. WP Optimize can free your website from this extra data with just one click.
- WP Optimize can tell you which tables take up unreasonable space and need to be cleared.
- WP Optimize can clean up the site database once a week and keep the data for recovery for a few weeks at your option.
The WP Optimize plugin in this section will help you briefly:
- Create more free space
- Manage your database space
- Add your website free of data and make it faster
2. Compress images
Large images are one of the most common causes of a website slowing down. WP Optimize plugin has image compression tool that uses lossy compression technique to convert large images to compressed images when uploaded.
This tool can compress images in PNG, JPG, GIF, BMP and TIF formats. In addition, the following features are included in this tool:
- Bulk compression: Ability to compress site images in one place
- Intelligent multi-pass lossy compression algorithm: Multiple image compression for maximum compression
- Compressed image recovery: Ability to restore the image from compressed state to original state
- Automatic compression: Automatically compress images at upload time
- Save EXIF data: Save image-related data while compressing
- Ability to compress images up to 64MB, more than any other plugin
Reducing the size of the images will increase the loading speed and give you more free space.
3. Page cache
Creating cache for pages is likely to have the greatest impact on your website performance. Cache means that dynamic information is temporarily stored statically in a space so that this saved version can be used if requested to load. Creating a cache will greatly increase the speed of the website.
WP Optimize has a simple and powerful tool for caching pages so that users can see the cached version of the page after requesting it. WordPress processes php files instantly to create pages, and this plugin helps WordPress to save the final HTML versions of pages. So the next user will see the cached version and there is no need to process php files. This technique reduces site load time and reduces the use of server resources.
Creating a cache using WP Optimize is very simple and this tool also has the following features:
- Cache preload: Ensure the cache is ready for all pages of the site
- Create cache to fit device type
- Define rules to prevent caching: for example, not showing cached versions to logged-in users, some URLs or cookies
- Browser cache: Ability to load resources (HTML, CSS, JS) in browsers from the previous version
In general, WP Optimize lets you take advantage of the latest caching technology on your website.
Features of the Premium version of the WP Optimize plugin
The Premium version of this plugin has the following features in addition to the features mentioned:
- Multi-Website Support: Upgrade database optimizations to fit multiple websites.
- More flexibility and control: Ability to optimize one or more tables individually instead of optimizing all tables
- Clear unused images
- More complex scheduling: Ability to schedule optimizations at selected time intervals (instead of weekly)
- Better user interface
- WP-CLI support: Ability to manage optimizations using grammar codes
- Lazy Loading: Ability to load images when scrolling to reach the site loading speed